xml.etree.ElementTree – XML Manipulation API¶
|Purpose:||Generate and parse XML documents|
|Python Version:||2.5 and later|
The ElementTree library was contributed to the standard library by Fredrick Lundh. It includes tools for parsing XML using event-based and document-based APIs, searching parsed documents with XPath expressions, and creating new or modifying existing documents.
All of the examples in this section use the Python implementation of ElementTree for simplicity, but there is also a C implementation in xml.etree.cElementTree.
- Parsing XML Documents
- Creating XML Documents
- The standard library documentation for this module.
- ElementTree Overview
- Fredrick Lundh’s original documentation and links to the development versions of the ElementTree library.
- Process XML in Python with ElementTree
- IBM DeveloperWorks article by David Mertz.
- A separate implementation of the ElementTree API based on libxml2 with more complete XPath support.